Emergency contraception may prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex or contraceptive failure. It has to be used as soon as possible
If you’ve had unprotected sex within the last 5 days, and it is not the right time in your life to have a baby, you are right to consider emergency contraception.
Talk to your Pharmacist or ask them for details of other sources for getting emergency contraception.
Have you had unprotected sex?
- Did the condom slip off or break?
- Did you forget to:
– Take your contraceptive pill?
– Insert your contraceptive ring?
– Apply your contraceptive patch?
- Did your diaphragm or cap slip or did you forget to use it?
- Did he fail to pull out in time?
- Did you forget to use any contraception?
My emergency contraception options
There are two different emergency contraceptive options:
- “Morning after pill’ tablet for oral use
- Intrauterine device (or coil) to be fitted in the womb