HRA Pharma UK & Ireland Ltd. is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and the users of its www.ellaone.co.uk website (Site). This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use and any documents referred to in it) explains how we achieve that goal and gives you details of our privacy practices, including:
- what personal information we collect about you when you use this Site;
- how that information or personal data that you provide us may be used or disclosed; and
- your rights with respect to our collection and use of your personal data.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how HRA Pharma UK & Ireland Ltd. will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is HRA Pharma UK & Ireland Ltd., Haines House, 21 John Street, Bloomsbury, London, WC1N 2BF.
Section 1: Your Consent
Section 2: Information We May Collect from You and Uses Made of Such Information
We may ask you to provide us with personal information on a voluntary basis in certain areas of our Site. In particular, you may be asked to provide the following information:
- Membership Information: If you want to access certain content otherwise unavailable on the Site or obtain special personalised services, we may ask you to provide personal information, including contact details (e.g., name, email address, and organisation) and to generate your own personal password. We will use this information to maintain your membership account with and registration onto the Site, and to furnish you with information about products and services that we think may be of interest to you where you specifically request or consent to the receipt of such information.
- Feedback Information: If you submit information or comments to us via the Site, we will ask you to provide personal information, including your name and e-mail address. We will process this information in order to respond to your feedback, where appropriate, including responding to a question, comment or request. In order to respond to your feedback, it may be necessary to make the personal information that you submit in this section available to subsidiaries and affiliates of HRA Pharma UK & Ireland Ltd and, if necessary, to certain of our service providers. Where appropriate, your feedback also may be processed in an effort to improve our Site. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Your visits to the Site: We may collect and process details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Passive Information: As is the case with many sites, our Site logs navigational data (such as your IP address, log files, and clickstream data) and uses standard technology called “cookies”, which are small data files that are downloaded onto your computer when you visit our Site.
The cookies used on the ellaOnepharmacists.co.uk site are as follows:
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|Session Cookie||SESS||This session cookie is used by the Content Management system to monitor whether a user has already visited the site before or provided information for the In-depth resources area.|
|Cookies are set to remember a user’s preference if they decide to alter text size or colours throughout the site.|
- Cookies automatically identify your browser to the HRA-Pharma server whenever you interact with our Site. If you prefer not to allow us to collect “cookie” information you can disable the cookies by turning them off in your browser, however, some areas of our Site may not function properly if you do. The website www.allaboutcookies.org (run by the Interactive Marketing Bureau) contains step-by-step guidance on how cookies can be switched off by users
Section 3: Information Retention and Disclosure
HRA Pharma UK & Ireland Ltd may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may also need to disclose your information in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of the business of this Site, or if required to do so by applicable laws, court orders, government regulations or authorities, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of HRA Pharma UK & Ireland Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Section 4: Other Uses of Your Information
HRA Pharma UK & Ireland Ltd may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Section 5: Your Rights
Opt-out: If you have given consent through this Site, or via other communications with HRA Pharma UK & Ireland Ltd., to receive information, some of which may be of a promotional nature, then you have the right to opt-out of receiving such information at any time and we will honour your decision to do so once it has been communicated to us. If you wish to opt-out at any time, you can contact us as set out below, or by clicking an “un-subscribe” link on an email indicating that you no longer want to receive any information relating to products and services.
Access and Correction: You have a right to access the personal information that HRA Pharma UK & Ireland Ltd holds about you. You also have a right to correct, amend or delete the information that we hold about you if it is incorrect. If you wish to exercise these rights please contact us by post or e-mail at the address shown in the “Contact” section below. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information that we hold about you.
Section 6: Security
This Site incorporates appropriate safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information we have collected and we have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse and alteration. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as required and only authorized individuals have access to the information you provide us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. HRA Pharma UK & Ireland Ltd will do its best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once HRA Pharma UK & Ireland Ltd has received your information, it will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Section 7: External Links
Section 8: Terms and Modifications to Privacy Statement
Section 9: Children
This Site is not directed to children and HRA Pharma UK & Ireland Ltd does not knowingly solicit information from any child. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
Section 10: Contact Details
Medical Information Department
HRA Pharma UK & Ireland Ltd,
21 John Street
Item code UK/ELLA/0515/0048 Last updated September 2015